The Elite Climbing Gym is happy to announce our new BSA Merit Badge Training Class for Scout Rock Climbing. If you have any boy scouts or girl scouts who wish to earn their rock climbing merit badge, we would like to be their place of achievement.
Our expert staff will work with troop leaders and scouts to cover all requirements for all badges offered. Elite Climbing is happy to customize our programs to meet your needs and schedule.
Merit Badge Program (Boy Scouts ages 12+)
Cost: $50 per scout, 3 scouts minimum
• 4-6 hours of instruction, guidance, and climbing and hands-on activities: first aid, equipment, safety, climbing technique, top rope climbing, bouldering, traversing, rappelling, etc
• Certified Merit badge Counselors will teach the course and sign off on the merit badge cards
• Will allow scouts to safely learn all the essentials elements of rock climbing as described in the B.S.A Handbook
• All necessary equipment
• One month free membership upon completion of Merit Badge Program (does not include gear).
Download the Climbing-Merit-Badge-Requirements here.
Download the Climbing-Merit-Badge-Workbook here.
Introduction to Rock Climbing
• 5 – 9 scouts: $20.00 per climber
• 10 – 20 scouts: $17.00 per climber
• 20 + scouts: $15:00 per climber
• 2.5 hrs of instruction and climbing
• Harnesses for all participants
• Belay Lessons for the adults
Ranger Award-Mountaineering (Venturing Crews ages 14 – 20)
Cost: $50 per scout; 3 scout minimum
• Our 6 hour course can be completed in one or multiple sessions and covers all the requirements in the official Venturing Handbook.
• All necessary equipment
Scout Overnight (for all Scouts)
Cost: $25 per scout; 15 scout minimum, must be at least 7 years of age
Availability: Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings 7:30 pm – 9:00 am the following morning and selective holidays.
• 4 hrs climbing program (7:30 pm-11:30pm)
• Lights out at 11:45 pm, Wake up call 7:30 am
• Scouts will learn climbing commands, safety rules, top rope climbing, zip line activities, and rappelling
• Supply your own belayers and chaperones (including overnight chaperones)
• No food provided by gym, however, you may bring in Scout kitchenette set ups to prepare food or bring your own food for meals and snacks.
• Must provide own sleeping gear (sleeping bags, pillows, etc.)
• Refrigerator, freezer and microwave are available
Belay Certification Class for Scout Leaders
Cost: $35 per leader, minimum 4 leaders
• Full Gear Rental
• Unlimited Climbing for that day
• 1 hour program – belay technique, including the use of harness, knot tying, safety rules, and verbal commands
• Coupon on your next visit